Ready to work for an award-winning organization?
Did you know
- 5,700 megawatts of generation serving more than 910,000 members
- Diverse mix of technologies and resources: wind, hydro, gas, oil, coal and energy efficiency
- One of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the nation.
- More than 10,100 miles of high-voltage transmission
- Wind power – first in Missouri.
- Number of employees: about 670 full time, plus interns across the cooperative
- Three locations: Headquarters, New Madrid Power Plant and Thomas Hill Energy Center.
AECI builds strong and flexible financial position
Associated Electric continues to improve its competitive position by strengthening its balance sheet, operating efficiently, proactively managing risk and preparing to meet significant challenges in the future.
Our financial position and credit ratings continue to be among the best in the country.
Diverse generation and transmission assets
- 5,700 MW of capacity among nine power plant sites in three states
- Contracts for 750 MW of wind power from four Missouri wind farms, one in south-central Kansas and one in Oklahoma. Associated was the first to partner with wind energy developers in Missouri and remains the leading provider of Missouri wind power.
- Added its first natural gas plant in 1999, followed by more natural gas and dual-fuel units
- Renewable hydropower met 6 percent of member load in 2017.
- Wind energy met 14 percent of members' energy needs in 2017.
- Transacts business with investor-owned and municipal utilities, electric cooperatives, power marketing firms and regional transmission organizations to bring in revenue that helps offset costs otherwise borne by member-owners.